Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sale Signaling: LE, Discontinued Items, and More at Big Lots

Made a trip to my local Big Lots to hunt for some Philosophy items. After so many people posted about Philosophy cosmetics popping up at various locations, I figured I'd try to track some down. Unfortunately, I was late to this party. The display was in a random place near the registers and totally picked over. But that's okay, since I spotted a ton of other goodies in the regular cosmetics aisle. :3c

Here are the items I purchased.


~ Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Forest
~ Maybelline Eye Studio Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow Quad in Makeover Mocha and Strut It Suede
~ Loreal HIP Blendable Blushing Creme in Blushing and Tickled


The Loreal cream blushes are discontinued, but I've been wanting to try them out ever since I came across a post with the entire collection swatched. To me, the collection leaned more towards natural/darker shades which is a little unusual for HIP since it's other products are very colorful and loud.

All the Maybelline products are from the 2011 Fall Fashion Week Limited Edition Collection. I have never seen limited edition stuff at Big Lots before or being close-out items other than at drug stores. I was super giddy when I spotted these. I should have bought the other two quads, but I was in a rush. I went back a few days later and all the LE items were gone. :<c But no fear! I have plans to visit other Big Lots in my area. Hee!

There were a ton of other neat finds, but none of them tickled me enough to want to have them. I think it has to do with the items I purchased being hard to find items/LE. It's like a sickness, I want to have them ALL and if they are rare, I MUST have them. lol. :> I'm sure other beauty junkies can relate.

Here's a list of things I remember spotting:
- Maybelline Dream Mousse blushes (various colors)
- Maybelline Dream Mousse bronzers (various colors)
- Maybelline Eye Studio Color Gleam Cream Eyeshadow trios (various colors)
- Various Maybelline mascaras
- Loreal HIP lip glosses (forgot the actual name/various colors)
- Revlon Colorburst Lipsticks (various colors)

If you guys go on the hunt for any of these items, good luck to you! :3c


Disclaimer: These items I purchased myself. I am not affiliated with the company and was in no way compensated for any reviews. All reviews expressed on Peach Tree Dish are my own honest opinion regardless if they were provided or personally purchased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment